Currently, Bhopal Municipal Corporation has a total area of 285 square kilometers 20 people made up the first Bhopal Municipality, which was presided over by a non-governmental president.
In 1952, Shri. Abdul karim Babu Miya and Shri. Deendayal was selected as the first president and vice-president of the Bhopal Municipal Board.
Later, the Municipal Board's status was changed to Municipal Council, and the Chief Administrator was appointed as an IAS official.
Bhopal Municipal Council became a Municipal Corporation in 1983, adding a total of 56 wards.